Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday, 8/31




We started out the day by going back to Square Grouper to get T-shirts for Sharon and I before they close for vacation for a month.



While he was waiting for me outside, Wendell spied this strange-looking tree with big stickers (spikes?) on the trunk.  Never saw anything like it!


   





For lunch we thought we'd try Zaza--a relatively new, though highly-touted, pizza place with an impressive and massive imported-from-Italy brick oven.  We arrived about 11:45 and were told the "pizza guy isn't here yet but will be here soon" . . . what's up with that?  We ordered drinks and studied the menu, still no "pizza guy" and the pizzas didn't sound like anything we were familiar with, so we left!





Wendell had been wanting to try the Stoned Crab, even though I had told him their reviews were not good . . . so today became the day. Presentation was great, but taste didn't win out. Our salads were good but his Shrimp Salad on a Croissant was surely better than my Tempura Grouper Sandwich which was obviously (the grouper) breaded and frozen and overcooked. Yuck. I guess sometimes you have to go see for yourself, but, you don't have to go back!

After lunch, we headed back to Duval St. to get Sharon and I flip flops at the Margaritaville Store . . . luckily our newly-found friend there, Barbara, was working and helped me find just what I needed.  We also saw her last week at the Geiger Key Marina Fish Camp Restaurant on her day off!


We also checked at a couple of fish markets for shrimp and lobster.  Learned that there are no shrimp processing plants here now . .. they now dehead and freeze the shrimp on the boats.


No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive